Connectivity Issues. XP fine, OSX not :(

M

mphillies99

Hey guys. I'm having an issue with my iMac G5 here at school. I'll be chugging along perfectly in XP but when I go to restart and boot up OSX I lose my internet connection.

Then, when I switch back to XP, the connection is still dead. I tried releasing and renewing my IP after in XP and nothing happened. Somehow about 1.5hrs-2hrs later it figures itself out and I'm back on the net, but only in XP.

I tried running the Network diagnostic that pops up in Safari when you have no connection but it basically said restart this or that.

The network people here at school say my computer shows 'connected' and not disabled on their end.

They have one person familiar with Macs but he was out. Any advice?
-----------------

I'm kind of n00b at this connection stuff so I'll give you what is obvious. I'm connecting using: Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

It is a DHCP network if that makes sense. Also, my 1394 net adapter or firewire connection is connected but it doesn't do anything.

If you need more info, just tell me how to get it. Thnx

OP
M

mphillies99

oh and i did do a search. it just seems like most of the material was about airport and various wireless issues or synching 2 macs together. oh well

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am confused here, are you using an G5 iMac or Intel iMac? Because you state you are running XP, which can not run native on a G5, unless you are using virtual PC.

OP
M

mphillies99

rman said:
I am confused here, are you using an G5 iMac or Intel iMac? Because you state you are running XP, which can not run native on a G5, unless you are using virtual PC.

I was under the impression that the G5 and Intel iMac were one and the same. I accidentally posted this under 'mini', my mistake.

I'm using bootcamp on the Intel iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.