system preference

Reaction score
After uninstalling the program the icon remains in system preferences. I can go into customize and uncheck it so it is hidden, but really want it to go away, since the application is no longer. Can anyone share with me how I can find the hidden file or something that cannot be seen in applications or most common places that keeps the icon alive!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
"the program" would be what program, exactly?
Most programs don't place anything in System Preferences.

OP
R
Reaction score
it was a driver program m-audio which landed in "other" systems preferences.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did you uninstall M-Audio? Did it come with an uninstaller or did you just delete the program by dropping it into the Trash?

Normally, any program that makes an entry in System Preferences, Other, has a specific uninstaller that must be used to remove it.

In any event, navigate here and remove it:

MacIntosh HD/Library/PreferencePanes/

Look for the m-audio folder and delete it. You probably will have to enter your admin password to remove it, but that will get rid of the entry in System Preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.