Need Your Opinion! MacBook8,1 vs MacBookAir 4,2

Reaction score
I've owned 13" notebooks for the since my first black macbook, an currently have a Macbook 8,1 (2.3ghz - i5, 8gb RAM, 500gb storage) and have had it for a little over a year. Im a freelance designer and move about the city a lot, and have been wanting a MBA for a while.

Since, I can't afford much more than a trade for my current MBP, I've found a friend that will give me $950 for my Pro, and was thinking of buying this refurb from apple. Refurbished MacBook Air 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 - Apple Store (U.S.)

i know what i will be losing as far as HD space, GPU speed maybe, and optical drive (which I don't use). I do run photoshop, illustrator and FTp/Coding apps, but that is about as processor intensive as i get.

If the Board as any advice from past or current experiences, that would help me make this decision better, would help tremendously!:Cool:

I want to slim down, and put more stuff into the cloud and been nice and light and have a fast SSD, but am worried about taking a hit with my use of Adobe CS Apps for Graphic/Web Design.

THANK FOR ANY HELP!:D:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Be careful, that one has a very small SSD - 128 GB and half as much RAM as you are accustomed to. I just picked up a 2012 MB Air 13" with 2 Gig dual core i7 processor, 8 Gig RAM, and 512 Gig SSD and it is about six times faster than my 2010 15 MB Pro with 2.66 Gig i7, 8 Gig RAM and 500 Gig 7200 RPM HDD. I really treasure the weight difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.