Opening web page from an app...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 14", Intel-iMac 17"
Hi !

I was using Safari as a browser for the first couple of months I got my iBook but I didn't like the way it manages the bookmarks, which I use alot. Since I was a firefox user on linux and windows, I downloaded the mac version and deleted safari. Since then, everytime I try to open a web link from an application (let's say an About-This-App link that brings us to the product's website) VLC runs instead of firefox. I guess that's because OS X can't find safari so it runs another program.

In windows I know there's a place where you can "bind" an application to a certain type of file, there is probably something similar in OS X but I can't find it. Anyone knows how I could fix this ?

Thanks alot !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Um, you really shouldn't have deleted Safari. I'd recommend putting it back to fix the issues. Did you change the default browser in Safari's prefs before deleting it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.