Intel Macbook 2Ghz Internal Microphone Problem

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
This my very first thread. I am having a very strange problem with my intel macbook.
I have had my macbook for now nearly a year, and I have experienced problems with internal microphone several times. I reported thi issue to apple and my macbook was picked up and taken to a service center for a couple of weeks and thouroughly tested and no faults were found.
Basically every time I start my macbook if I test the internal microphone output it doesn't seem to be picking up any sound at all.
After adjusting up and down the screen it starts working again. This happens everytime and has happened more often after re-installing the os/tiger.
Previous to re-installing the problem sometimes did not occur at all.
Yesterday I purchased the new leopard and I will be installing it soon hoping to solve, what it seems to me, the sound driver problem.
I also tested the sound with installation disk via THE HARDWARE test and no faults were found on several occasions.
This makes me think that there is a software problem but how can I be certain of that?
My 1 year guarantee has expired yesterday as well so I am no entitled to free support anymore.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mirco

Reaction score
An advice for you microphone problem

Sorry if my english is not well, because i´m a mexican guy.

I had a problem like you just a couple of minutes ago, and I usually used to have software to give maintenance to my macbook pro, and my favorite is "ONYX", it´s freeware software and you can download as simple as put "download onyx" in google.

I executed and "automation", which is one of the special feature of Onyx, and I clicked all option there, the maintenance scrips, all the rebuilding features and the cleaning tasks.

When I logged again after the system restart (because after thouse tasks, you should restard Mac OS X), my internal microphone started to work as great as always.

Have fun and recover your microhpne again, good luck!

Hello everybody,
This my very first thread. I am having a very strange problem with my intel macbook.
I have had my macbook for now nearly a year, and I have experienced problems with internal microphone several times. I reported thi issue to apple and my macbook was picked up and taken to a service center for a couple of weeks and thouroughly tested and no faults were found.
Basically every time I start my macbook if I test the internal microphone output it doesn't seem to be picking up any sound at all.
After adjusting up and down the screen it starts working again. This happens everytime and has happened more often after re-installing the os/tiger.
Previous to re-installing the problem sometimes did not occur at all.
Yesterday I purchased the new leopard and I will be installing it soon hoping to solve, what it seems to me, the sound driver problem.
I also tested the sound with installation disk via THE HARDWARE test and no faults were found on several occasions.
This makes me think that there is a software problem but how can I be certain of that?
My 1 year guarantee has expired yesterday as well so I am no entitled to free support anymore.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mirco

Reaction score
Thank you aquinterop

In my case I did the maintenance twice, and it worked!

thank yo so much,

manu

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.