New Laptop: Macbook Pro or Powerbook? Or..

Reaction score
My next computer will most likely be a mac laptop. I have never owned a mac laptop, but I have done some minor research and it looks great for the stuff I'm trying to do. I'm basically going to be using this laptop for college, an occasional game or two, but the deciding factor is music recording/creation/producing, itunes, and everything else music related. I'm big on music..

I'm split between the Macbook Pro and the Powerbook.
Macbook Pro - http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/appl...8.html?tag=img

Powerbook - http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/appl...tag=prod.img.1

What about the ibook and the reg. Macbook?

What are the differences between the two? Are there other laptops and options should I consider? Also, what's an 'expansion-bay slot'? ( the powerbook doesn't have one).

Money is NOT an issue. Just any advice and recommendations for what I should do is much appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. What's the best software for music creation? I had planned on getting the new logic studio, but hey if theres anything else, it'd be good to know. lol
thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
If you want to do a gaming and any graphical stuff like you said a MacBook Pro is better. up to 256mb Nvidia 8600GT Graphics which is awesome. You will get better proformances for games if you use Bootcamp.

Hope this helped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Macbook is good but a really bad graphix card 64mb compared to a Nvidia. Trust me you will thank me cause I have a Macbook and I love it except for playing games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
You do realize that the MacBook and MacBook Pro are the replacements for the iBook and Powerbook, right? The iBook and Powerbook have not been made for a couple years, and contain the old PowerPC processors. Apple has since transitioned to Intel processors. The new intel systems are much faster, and also will be supported for much longer.

As of right now the MacBook and MB Pro are the only laptops Apple makes. If money is no issue, than by all means go with the Pro, and max out every option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.