iCloud contacts not synching across Macs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
yeah, I know, you like to spell it "syncing," but it's supposed to be "synching. " So nyaaaaa!

Anyhoo...

I've never had trouble having my iCloud contacts sync from my iMac to my MacBook (details near my avatar) and vice versa, but lately suddenly any new contacts I add via my iMac don't get synched to my MacBook. Never have problems going the other way around, and they all sync to my iPhone with zero problem.

I've verified that my account information is entered correctly. I'm using the latest version of Lion on both.

What I have noticed, though, is if I open my contacts on my MacBook, the little busy icon thingy keeps spinning (not the beach ball) and never stops...picture below.

contactswhirlythingy.JPG

What all should I be looking out for???

Reaction score
Export all contacts in the Addressbook App as a VCard.
Then make sure you got another backup, delete all contacts in the addressbook app.
Now drop the Vcard export (not the addressbook archive, it doesn't work) onto the iCloud group in your addressbook windows on the left.

That should do it... I think ;)

SM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.