• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Are you a PC? LOL

Reaction score
Ok guys, I just had a good laugh and I just have to share.

I'm sure you have all seen the new MS ads about PC not being a stereotype. Well I'm at work right now (on a PC) just cruising the interwebs, killing some time when I happened apon an ad for "Are you a PC". I clicked the ad and a few seconds later my 'puter froze up! HA!

I am not a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
I liked the commercial, but having 30 people say "I'm a PC" won't make me buy a PC any time soon.

Reaction score
Having a bunch of people tell me to buy PC is just that much more of a reason to not buy one. Look at all of the people who think honda civics are fast. LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
tried burning a cd on the work pee cee today... didn't work. tried two methods and neither worked. And then it froze up.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm a PC too, but mine runs OS X ;)

Sad that MS doesn't get the Apple commercials at all. "PC" was meant as a caricature of the platform, not of the users using it. Not sure how these ads are answering Apple's ridicule of the platform. If anything, I would think Microsoft would want to disprove Apple's claims.

Reaction score
The idea is to just show that it isn't just people in accounting.

Sure, it isn't a great commercial but the idea is NOT to get Mac folks to switch... they just want to keep the folks they have and try to help its image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
It's nice. At least funnier than the stupid Seinfeld commercials.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm a PC too, but mine runs OS X ;)

Sad that MS doesn't get the Apple commercials at all. "PC" was meant as a caricature of the platform, not of the users using it. Not sure how these ads are answering Apple's ridicule of the platform. If anything, I would think Microsoft would want to disprove Apple's claims.

OMG hacker :p

Whatever their commercials confuse me even more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Having a bunch of people tell me to buy PC is just that much more of a reason to not buy one. Look at all of the people who think honda civics are fast. LOL

LOL!!!!

Reaction score
I'm a pc who can burn cd's, watch ads online and play Crysys and Assassins Creed at max settings without crashing or getting a virus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
You guys put way too much stock into all of these ads. Of all the years I used Windows, I had ZERO problems concerning viruses, trojans, lock ups, freezing or crashing. It's all about knowing how to maintain your system, and this is true of both Windows based PC's or Mac based ones.

I'm typing on my MBP at the moment, but my main machine is a PC, and it just so happens to be a penguin. ;D

And you guys also really need to embrace the term PC, because it's what you're using. PC stands for personal computer, which every Mac is. They just happen to be running Apple software and OS_ I think MS needs to get a grip on this as well, because no one can coin the term PC for one particular OS.

The most offensive MS ads IMO, are the Windows "Mojave" ones, where they get these utterly stupid people to comment on how "cool" and "sick" it looks, only to find out that it's actually Vista, and they're like ... "whoa, omgz and all that jazz. Meanwhile, you need to have proprietary MS crap in order to even view the site that they want potential customers to see, not to mention the fact that Linux has been running a better, faster and less resource hungry GUI that does tons more than the visuals in Vista, for years now. Whooptie doo for you "Mojave" ... :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
You guys put way too much stock into all of these ads. Of all the years I used Windows, I had ZERO problems concerning viruses, trojans, lock ups, freezing or crashing. It's all about knowing how to maintain your system, and this is true of both Windows based PC's or Mac based ones.

I'm typing on my MBP at the moment, but my main machine is a PC, and it just so happens to be a penguin. ;D

And you guys also really need to embrace the term PC, because it's what you're using. PC stands for personal computer, which every Mac is. They just happen to be running Apple software and OS_ I think MS needs to get a grip on this as well, because no one can coin the term PC for one particular OS.

The most offensive MS ads IMO, are the Windows "Mojave" ones, where they get these utterly stupid people to comment on how "cool" and "sick" it looks, only to find out that it's actually Vista, and they're like ... "whoa, omgz and all that jazz. Meanwhile, you need to have proprietary MS crap in order to even view the site that they want potential customers to see, not to mention the fact that Linux has been running a better, faster and less resource hungry GUI that does tons more than the visuals in Vista, for years now. Whooptie doo for you "Mojave" ... :Angry-Tongue:

Which is funny because even though OS X is more geared towards tech illiterate people than Windows, more tech illiterate people seem to use Windows.

It does take a certain amount of care and knowledge to keep a Win box running in top shape. But grandma doesn't know that clicking for the free iPod and getting pr0n and a virus is what's causing her Win box to get slower and slower.

I'm in your boat. I've never had a virus on a personal computer. I even have some that I run without Virus protection. But I also own a MBP and I'm thinking about purchasing a loaded up MP if the photography thing picks up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4 gHz, 2 gb RAM
I'm a PC. I'm also a Mac. When I'm a Mac, I work, I work quickly, and life is good. When I'm a PC, I'm slow to start up, slow to shut down, programs cause problems, I break down, I cuss, and I think bad thoughts about Bill Gates and evil he has inflicted on the world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Look at all of the people who think honda civics are fast

LMAO I'm a Honda fan and I have to admit that. I don't know why some people even bother trying to think they know cars. And man do I have some stories to tell ;D

Anyways, I have always laughed at PC ads. especially Mojave.. LOL now that was hysterical!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
i have both pc and mac. ive been thinking of giving up my blackbook though for a IBM x300 laptop.they are so thin and light plus i like the traditional ibm design.

guess that makes me a pc then =/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Capitalcrew, Honda Civic is pretty fast. Seriously, all Honda cars are awesome, especially the '08 Honda City and Civic. But if you're talking about the same price range, a Subaru or a Mazda 3 would come on top.

Reaction score
Capitalcrew, Honda Civic is pretty fast. Seriously, all Honda cars are awesome, especially the '08 Honda City and Civic. But if you're talking about the same price range, a Subaru or a Mazda 3 would come on top.

Nice cars, yes. Fast, no.

Props on the Subaru mention though. I love my Legacy, but I admit, it still isn't what I would call "fast".

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
They are!!

.......if you push them off a cliff. ;D

LOL... they can be made to be fast, but only at the point of diminishing returns. For the same money, you can buy a car that IS fast from the factory. Fortunately for the major car insurers, the vast majority of wannabe racers out there belong to the "not so fast, not so furious" set. If only stickers, fart can exhausts and the metal tubes that are supposed to serve as "high performance" intakes actually did anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.