Problem wtih screen

N

Nathaniel

I have a problem with the screen on my 1st gen iPod. There is a large blank spot (about 1/4 in. wide) running the entire length of the screet on the left hand side. The spot goes away and I see the normal screen when I hold down the menu button. But as soon a I let go, the spot returns. I don't know what the problem is, but hopefully one of you will. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
sounds like you need to do a full restore on it from the iPod updater thingy or do a full erase of it.....im not sure of all the details on how to do it but other people will

OP
Z

zaxter

this same thing is happening to me

This is happening to me, too. Did you let your battery get really low? Were you carrying it around with a cell phone or some other objects in your pocket? Please let me know if the problem goes away. I JUST bought this Ipod- refurbished 2nd gen

zach

Nathaniel said:
I have a problem with the screen on my 1st gen iPod. There is a large blank spot (about 1/4 in. wide) running the entire length of the screet on the left hand side. The spot goes away and I see the normal screen when I hold down the menu button. But as soon a I let go, the spot returns. I don't know what the problem is, but hopefully one of you will. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.