Can not burn Windows support software.

Reaction score
Ok Here is my situation,,
Im trying to load Windows 7 thru bootcamp I went into bootcamp it said download windows support software,,so i downloaded software,it then said burn to disk or external hard drive.
I hit burn to disk,,I place disk in It is not burning,,so then I put a dvd in,,same thing not burning am i missing something ?
the os is snow leopard 10.6,,,any ideas ? I installed windows with fusion on a friends system,,but I want to boot to windows upon startup,,not emmulation,,thanks in advance.:\

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post is confusing. Do you have a Windows 7 DVD? Or, did you purchase Windows 7 on line and now have to burn it to disk? Since you're using Snow Leopard, you should have Boot Camp 3.0. Not sure I understand why you need to download Windows support software?

Also your original title is not going to draw many replies. I edited it for clarity.

Reaction score
i have the same problem

I'm having the same problem, your post makes perfect sense, im trying to run bootcamp so i can install Windows, and it says to "Burn the Windows Support software to disk" or "Save to an external drive". It wouldn't save to my thumb drive (even after i formatted it in the proper format), and when i hit "burn to disk" nothing happens. Can anyone help with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Got to agree with chscag. Very confusing posts. More specific information needed.

Where and when is the "Burn the Windows Support software to disk" message appearing?

Maybe post a screen shot?

What version of Windows are you using (retail/oem etc)?

Please supply Mac hardware and OSX details.

edit:
This message should only be presented when the bootcamp assistant is run on a MacBook Air. It's to allow the windows bootcamp drivers to be written to a flash drive/external drive etc.

If you have a MacBook Air just save the download to your Mac then copy it to a disc or flash drive yourself.

If you don't have a MacBook Air all the drivers you need are on the Snow Leopard disc that came with your machine (or Snow Leopard Reatil disc if you bought that). So youy don't need to download anything.

Reaction score
Ok, when I first open bootcamp, the first screen is the "Intro Screen", 2nd screen is "Download Windows support software", and 3rd screen is "Save Windows Support Software". I downloaded the Bootcamp for the 32 bit windows xp pro since that's what i'm trying to install, i think the other user is installing windows 7. And I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.6 on my Macbook.... Basically the only problem is that when i get to the third window of bootcamp, and i hit the "burn" button, nothing happens. it doesn't freeze or anything, you could just sit there and hit "burn" over and over again and nothing happens....and yes i've tried just hitting it once and waiting, after i waited a half hour i figured nothing was going to happen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
This message should only be presented when the bootcamp assistant is run on a MacBook Air. It's to allow the windows bootcamp drivers to be written to a flash drive/external drive etc.

If you have a MacBook Air just save the download to your Mac then copy it to a disc or flash drive yourself.

If you don't have a MacBook Air all the drivers you need are on the Snow Leopard disc that came with your machine (or Snow Leopard Reatil disc if you bought that). So you don't need to download anything.

Have you tried/read the above?

Reaction score
well, i have a macbook, and it doesn't really give me the option to just save it to my hard drive. and the pain part of it is that i do realize i could use the software cd that came with my Mac, but i kinda just put a bunch of stuff in storage and i later realized that the cd for leopard is in a night stand that's in the back of the storage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm pretty sure they are downloaded to your downloads folder.

Have you tried an NTFS formatted flash drive?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.