• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac OS X Panther (books)

M

mschief02

I'm very new to the Mac world and I'm loving it so far. So, I'm looking for any good books on the the Panther OS and any history books about the Mac. Anyone have any suggestions?

OP
L

lugee

Mac OS X - The Missing Manual is a good book. Getting me up to speed with mac's being new to mac's too.

Don't know any history books though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
From Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus there is a book called OS X - The X Files -- it's very concise and fun to read - very well organized It's curiously not on this site but he knows what he's doing! ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.