Display Q

M

mauly

Is the monitor that come with the 20" iMacG5 the same as an 20" Cinema display? I'm only asking because I can't find spec list to either!!!

Also, does anyone now the viewable size of the 17" and 20" in lenght and height in "?

thanking you.

Reaction score
mauly said:
Is the monitor that come with the 20" iMacG5 the same as an 20" Cinema display? I'm only asking because I can't find spec list to either!!!

Also, does anyone now the viewable size of the 17" and 20" in lenght and height in "?

thanking you.

The 20" iMack has a screen 17 1/4" long by 10 1/2" high and of course it is 20" diaginal.

OP
M

mauly

The 20" iMack has a screen 17 1/4" long by 10 1/2" high and of course it is 20" diaginal.

wow, that is huge - would defo need time to get used to seeing so much on one screen!!!

But has the iMac display have the same specs as the 20" cinema display?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
No, unfortunately, the 20" iMac uses a different panel.

The iMac display has a typical brightness of 230 cd/m and a contrast ratio of 350:1
The 20" Cinema display has a typical brightness of 250 cd/m and a contrast ratio of 400:1

Viewing angle and resolution are identical, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.