sudden, weird airport problem

Reaction score
I have 4 computers in my house, 2 are the newer Intel-based and 2 are older PowerPCs (don't know if this is relevant, but if not, it's a weird coincidence). Today, all of a sudden, neither of the PowerPC's are able to connect to the internet. BUT: the airport symbol on the menu bar is at full strength, and when I open Internet Connect is showing full signal strength and telling me I am connected. However in Safari, the network diagnostics hit a dead end.

I have obviously restarted all the hardware, including the airport base station and cable modem.

I am not very good with technology at all... so I'm hoping there is something that is obvious to others at work here!

NOTHING has "changed" today... the only weird co-incidence as I mentioned is that this seems to be only affecting the PowerPCs. Please help, thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Download a Firefox or Opera disk image or installer package to an Intel machine, and then if the PowerPCs are on the "Shared" list, move the disk images to the PowerPCs' hard drives. Maybe it's just Safari's problem?

OP
B
Reaction score
sudden, weird airport problem resolved

On the third reboot of the entire system, I went through all the steps (cable box, modem, router, airport base station) really really carefully and patiently, and the problem seems to have vanished... it was weird though.

Thanks to any and all who read my post and/or tried to help....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.