when i try to jailbreak my phone i am getting error messag

Reaction score
i am using iphone 4s that is upgraded to ios 7.1. now i am usuing itune 11.1.5 when i try to jailbreak my phone i am getting error message that is
Connect a device in DFU mode MobileDevice event:
DfuConnect, 5651227, 8008940 DFU device 'UNSUPPORTED' connected
Ignoring unsupported device UNSUPPORTED

when i use itune 10 version i am getting another error message that is the iphone cannot be used because it requires itunes 11.1 or later what can i do here?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

What are you using to Jailbreak your phone? Certainly not iTunes. Because you've updated to iOS 7, you cannot use an older version of iTunes..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
........ what can i do here?

You can try using the iPhone as it was intended to be used and use apps from the AppStore. :)

Cheers ... McBie

OP
K
Reaction score
i tried two software
1. geeksn0w_win_2.6 and itune
2. iOS Soft Dev Pack + jb iOS 7.1 and itune

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
What do you mean with " .... sim did not work ..... " ?

Cheers ... McBie

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If your iPhone is locked to a particular carrier and you are trying to use a different carrier's SIM, you don't want to jailbreak, you need to unlock.

Jailbreaking your phone allows you to customize it's functionality and runs apps from alternate app stores and so on, it wouldn't make unsupported SIMs work..

OP
K
Reaction score
ok

can you tell me how can i jailbreak?
because, to improve my knowledge

C

chas_m

Until you can answer the simple question that has been asked of you -- why do you want to jailbreak the iPhone -- then no, we can't really help you.

As already explained, you don't need to jailbreak the phone, as it won't help you with your problem (you want to use a SIM from a different carrier than the one the phone is locked to). You need to unlock the phone, which does not involve jailbreaking.

As for how to UNLOCK your phone, you take it to the carrier its locked to and pay them to unlock it. Any other method (and I'm not even aware of any other methods that would work with your setup) are illegal in the US now, as I understand it:

One Year Later, Unlocking Your Phone Is Still A Crime | TechCrunch

OP
K
Reaction score
when i used 6 version of ios it was working after that i upgraded to ios 7.1

now i could not connect to any network or to wireless router

C

chas_m

Upgrading to iOS 7.1 would have removed any jailbreaking or unlocking you might have done previously.

You can still jailbreak an iPhone on 7.1 using evasi0n, but to the best of my knowledge there isn't an unlock solution for it, and even if there was it would be illegal under US law so we couldn't discuss it anyway. Contact your carrier and ask them about unlocking your phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.