Getting Windows 7 to talk to OS X Snow Leopard.

Reaction score
I've been trying to get my Laptop running Windows 7 to link and file share with my iMac running Snow leopard, with no success. Can someone explain the steps on how I can get my Windows laptop set up to share files with my iMac? Any help would be deeply appreciated.

May God Bless!

Ed:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.26 ghz intel core 2 ..memory 4gb ,500 gb hard drive ////running Windows 7,Iphone 3gs
im trying to work out the same thing ..i let you know what i find out ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp
I use MacDrive to read my mac hard drive in Windows. It lets you read and copy over form your mac hard drive to your windows drive while in windows. Doesn't go the other way, unless i'm missing something.

Mediafour | MacDrive

Looking at MacDrive 8 you might be able to read and write.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try Paragon NTFS version 8.0. It allows you to read write to HFS from Windows and also read write to NTFS from OS X. Goes both ways. It's $39.95 but you can download a trial version and test it out first.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the input folks. I just want to set up where (while I'm in another room in the house with my Acer Laptop running Windows 7) I can set up remote file sharing (wireless) between my iMac (running Snow Leopard) and my Acer laptop. Do I still need the two recommended programs to do this? Sorry if I didn't explain it right (not much of a computer guru yet). Thanks for all your help and patience.

May God Bless!

Ed:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, if all you're trying to do is setup file sharing via your home network, you do not need either one of those programs. (Although it would be nice to keep one around just in case.) File systems are transparent to the network.

Regards.

Reaction score
To share files over the network between Windows and Mac OS is to use SMB (or CIFS) sharing which is common between Linux, Mac OS and Windows.

SMB or Server Message Block is a network protocol to share folders and printers between PCs. Description about it is here: Server Message Block - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the MAC, you need to configure 'Windows Sharing' in the Sharing system preferences and set up accounts to allow users access to shared folders:
Networking Setup: MacOS X

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.