Printer drivers for Dell 5100cn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac book pro 15" 2.4 Intel Core 2 duo
Hi! I have a dell 5100 color laser printer which has been a great printer for me. However, I recently upgraded my OS to Snow Leopard (which I love!) from Tiger. The only problem is I can only print in black & white. When I loaded the new os software, I did make sure to include Rosetta...however I still cannot print in color. I hate to buy another printer if I don't have to. Any suggestions? Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried to reinstall the printer drivers you were using in Tiger? If they no longer work you may need to update the drivers for Snow Leopard. Dell has little or no support for its printers with regard to OS X but its printers are actually rebranded Lexmark models and generally can be made to work if you can find the correct Lexmark driver.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I did try to reinstall...I checked a couple of months ago with Dell to see if a driver had been released - it had not. I just tried again and have not heard back. I will check on Lexmark route and see what that does. Thanks!

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm having a booger of a time trying to find which Lexmark is the same as the 5100...any suggestions as to where I can look? Or, any other suggestions for a driver?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, I know. It's hit and miss. The best you can do is find a Lexmark that is similar in design and function to your Dell 5100cn and try its driver. You may have to do that several times in order to hit upon the right one.

Have you tried this LINK ? Try to match up your Dell to one of those if possible.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks chscag! I have tried that link...I'll take your advice and just keep trying! I appreciate the help...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.