Looking for desk sharing cross platform FREE software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac book pro
I am a trainer and would like to try some FREE cross platform sharing software that DOES not require a download of the software. I train a lot of newbies and I'm not sure they could handle a download (even with phone instructions) I will not necessarily see these people before the training session.
I have already looked at logmein, webx and the recently reviewed "crossloop." They all require a download and crossloop does not have a mac version at this time ( they are supposed to very soon) The crossloop looks the easiest so far and I think some newbies could handle the download.
Does anyone have any other ideas about software that was not mentioned?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm not sure I understand what you expect. You want FREE software that you DO NOT download? What... you want a cd in the mail or something?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac book pro
Sorry, I don't think I explained it properly. I want to "take over" the student's mouse and screen (from my computer) to show them how to do things. Then I want them to be able to take their mouse back and do something(while I see their screen from my computer). I have been looking around and it's called screen sharing, but most of these programs require both computers to download some small application.(which I don't think the Newbie computer users will be able to do). I do both mac and PC training, there are very few programs that do both.
I have found at least 50 companies that have web sites that "supposedly" do some of what I want. I just wondered if anyone has actually tried any of these. I plan to pick one or two and try it with friends and family.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You mean you logmein works without downloading ANYTHING?

Nope, doesn't ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Yeah, sorry, I'm half-doped on sinus/allergy medicine and didn't read it through..

There is a small download, but it IS available for mac, and it IS good. There aren't many, if any, resources like this that will provide it without downloading some kind of applet/browser add-on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
doesnt screen sharing work the same way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yeah, sorry, I'm half-doped on sinus/allergy medicine and didn't read it through..

There is a small download, but it IS available for mac, and it IS good. There aren't many, if any, resources like this that will provide it without downloading some kind of applet/browser add-on.
yea, pretty much impossible without either a download or a built in application. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
gotomeeting.com all they have to do is click on a link you send them and then click 'give presenter mouse and keyboard and screen' then you can use their computer...not free though, but free trial...if you work for soemone they should be able to pay the money for it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.