To buy, or not to buy

A

Archy

Hi, I am going to be getting a MacBook this Saturday (Am very excited :headphone), and was wondering what to do.

iMacs have been upgraded to Core 2 Duo recently, and was wondering what the chances are that the MacBooks will follow suit soon. I read a few threads on here, and some people mentioned MBP's possibly being updated.

Do you think that Apple would announce this on the 12th at the "showdown"? If they don't do you think that they will do this in the near future or not?

Thanks,
Archy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Intel Dual Core 13" Macbook, 2gb RAM, 80GB HD, Smartdisk, etc.; 30gb iPod Video
It's like what other people said, if you're going to sit around and wait for the "next big (or marginally better) thing," you're never going to get a piece of electronics equipment.

It really depends on what you want the Macbook for. Having just ordered a Macbook, I think I made a wise choice in not waiting because I don't see that they're going to be "that much better," and warrant the waiting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I personally think you are safe from MacBook's being updated. They are having supply issues with the Core2Duo's which makes me even be skeptical of the MBP's being updated on the 12th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - White, 2.0Ghz, 1GB Ram, week 35
Archy said:
Hi, I am going to be getting a MacBook this Saturday (Am very excited :headphone), and was wondering what to do.

iMacs have been upgraded to Core 2 Duo recently, and was wondering what the chances are that the MacBooks will follow suit soon. I read a few threads on here, and some people mentioned MBP's possibly being updated.

Do you think that Apple would announce this on the 12th at the "showdown"? If they don't do you think that they will do this in the near future or not?

Thanks,
Archy.

It's all up for speculation... No one can tell you for sure. I just got my Macbook last week and I'm content. But, if they do happen to announce they a Core 2 Duo Macbook on the 12th, I'll take mine in and exchange it... even if I have to pay a restocking fee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
The event on the 12th will have a focus on the new iPod, not on hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.