• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Spreadsheet for Intel Mac?

G

guybrushthreepo

Hi there.

I am a new Intel Mac user, very happy with must say after terrible years with the PC.....

i am looking for a good simple Spreadsheet for my private uses, anybody has recommendations for a Universal version?

Thanks alot,

Elad

Reaction score
I don't know if they still make Lotus 123 or Quattro Pro or not. They are the only others I know of outside of Excel. I would imagine that Excel is probably the one you would want to get since everyone in the world uses it but you will have to purchase Microsoft Office for Mac 2004. Get the Student/Teacher version. It's only about $149 but you also get Word, Entourage and some other along with Excel.

Lotus 123 was better than Excel in many ways and very easy to program code for. It's a shame they have been run off by that **** monopolistic outfit Microsoft. When our Company switched to Microsoft Office back in 1995, myself and several others hung onto Lotus 123 for several years before giving in to Excel. I still hate hitting the plus sign before entering a number in Excel. I forget this one thing so often that it makes the entire experience of using Excel a gigantic pain in the ****.

OP
L

lil

NeoOffice/J a slightly OS X-ified port of OpenOffice.org 1.1 comes with a Spreadsheet package, has a Universal binary (for PPC/x86) and is free—as well as being Excel compatible.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
ya try open office - havnt heard of neo office

Reaction score
farmcock said:
I still hate hitting the plus sign before entering a number in Excel. I forget this one thing so often that it makes the entire experience of using Excel a gigantic pain in the ****.

OMG, I thought I was the only one driven to psychosis by that. [rant] It's a SPREADSHEET -- any number entry should be treated as a number by default!! SHEESH! [/rant]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.