Downloading widgets

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
So I was thinking about downloading some widgets from apple. However since this is my first mac I don't wanna screw it up by downloading stuff that will "infect" it and make it not run as well. I figured the apple website would be trustworthy to download from but next to the widgets I could download it said "firmware" or "shareware". Isnt this bad even though it's from apples website? Also since I don't want to screw up my new computer what other things or file types should I avoid downloading? Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Apple - Downloads - Dashboard

Freeware is free software that you do not have to ever pay for. Shareware is software that allows you to share the software and try it out but only for a short amount of time. If they are on the website listed above it should be fine.

C

chas_m

You're on a Mac now. You're not going to "infect" your computer with anything.

Let go of the Windows fear. You're safe. :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I know I know but STILL this thing is my baby and I don't wanna do anything to make ot run extremely slow or mess it up!! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I know I know but STILL this thing is my baby and I don't wanna do anything to make ot run extremely slow or mess it up!! Thanks!

Don't use it then ;)

Enjoy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.