Items to delete....freeze, help please!

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having problem when I empty secure trash, the items to delete is remain in 3 and stop there. The only option I did is force quit. Is there anyone have the same problem and how could we fix this?

Any idea would be appriciate.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having problem when I empty secure trash, the items to delete is remain in 3 and stop there. The only option I did is force quit. Is there anyone have the same problem and how could we fix this?

Any idea would be appriciate.
Thank you.

I use this little AppleScript Droplet ....

picture_2-20071101-150729.jpg

(The link isn't clickable)

I found it on this website and use it frequently ...

Mini-hint: Shred files with an Applescript droplet

You only need to read post #1 and the download link is at the bottom of the post ...

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Spawn Dooley, i have downloaded Permanently Shred and it worked. By the way, I would like to know if I used this permanently shred, in physically all of my items will not stay on my hdd any more?
Thank you

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Spawn Dooley, i have downloaded Permanently Shred and it worked.

Teriffic!

By the way, I would like to know if I used this permanently shred, in physically all of my items will not stay on my hdd any more? Thank you

I'm not sure if I get your question but I'm guessing that you are asking if Permanent Shred permanently removes items/files form your HD?

When you drag a file over the Permanent Shred icon this is what you are asking it do to the file:

Overwrite regular files before deleting them. Files are overwritten three times, first with the byte pattern 0xff, then 0x00, and then 0xff again, before they are deleted.

It overwites the file/s and the space the file used to occupy is up for grabs again so the file/s aren't totally removed but it would take sophisticated software to unearth them ...

This isn't my area so I'm just trying to dot the i's and cross the t's .... someone could add a bit more info about this or open our eyes to the reality of how stuff you think you've deleted is easily retrievable ... mine is just an partially - educated guess ..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.