Locked Drives

S

simbey1982

hello first time poster

I have a couple of imacs running 9.2 whom are doing something rather strange. Whenever i try to write anything or a program tries to write anything to the hard drive it gives me an error saying that the write operation cannot be completed because the drive is locked. Please advise as to where i turn this off at.
:cool:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Select you your hard drive icon, then do a get info. Check to see if you have the lock check box selected.

Reaction score
I don't think that is possible in OS9 rman !! If you have Norton or Tech Tool pro and ran them then they may be able to solve the problem. Another option is to re-format the hard drive and reinstall everything. Can't think of anything else right now.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The only other thing I can think off is when you run out of disk space the system will not let you write to the disk.

OP
S

simbey1982

Yeah....i was figuring it was some setting since it was like 4 machines that it was doing it on.....ill give norton a try....any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
If this is happening on 4 machines then you (or somebody) must have performed a task that locked the drive. Being in OS 9, then it was probably done in a disk utility program. Retrace your steps and see what has taken place.
(you do have a backup…right?) :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.