iTunes problems "An unknown error occurred (-45054)."

Reaction score
I've recently had my system hard drive crash. Not too big a problem; I had recently cloned the system onto a secondary drive with Carbon Copy Cloner, and used that drive until I could get a new primary drive. I then used Time Machine to put the system on this new drive. Took a little tweaking here and there, but overall, it's worked very well.

Except for one thing. iTunes won't load up. I keep getting the error message above.

I searched the web, and found this video, which suggested that the problem is caused by a missing Shared folder in the users file.

I've recently had my system hard drive crash. Not too big a problem; I had recently cloned the system onto a secondary drive with Carbon Copy Cloner, and used that drive until I could get a new primary drive. I then used Time Machine to put the system on this new drive. Took a little tweaking here and there, but overall, it's worked very well.

Except for one thing. iTunes won't load up. I keep getting the error message above.

I searched the web, and found this video, which suggested that the problem is caused by a missing Shared folder in the users file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRGxKRry-cc

However, my system does have a Shared folder in my Users folder.

Any idea what the problem might be--and more importantly, how I might solve it?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There's a thread here suggesting that the problem can be fixed by a permissions repair. Disk Warrior is suggested in the thread but the permission repair can also be done with Disk Utility.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Glad that helped. I was surprised to find that. My Google skills usually leave a lot to be desired.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.