20" Apple Cinema Display or 30"

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, and i'm sorry if this has been posted before.
At the moment, I own a 13" MacBook Pro 2.53GHz with the 4GB ram, 320GB HDD, and AppleCare. (This is not my first mac, had one since OS 9.)
My question is, I am becoming less and less mobile, and more centred around my desk.
This is why I am considering purchasing an Apple Cinema Display. Of course, due to budget restraints, I can not afford to purchase a brand new one, but am looking at used 20, 23, and 30 inch screens.
Right now, on ebay, I am trying to decide between a 20" and 30" screen
The 30" is for parts, but I am almost positive I can fix it. (I have many computer repair certs.)
I am just wondering what the community thinks of the both. To be honest, anything bigger than the 13" I have now would make me happy :)
I am also wondering, If I went for the 30" would I really need the Dual-Link DVI Adapter? What is the diffrence between the regular MiniDPT to the DVI and the Dual Link?
Thank you very much for your help and have a great day!
P.S. What do you think a fair price for the 20" and 23" is?
Thank you!
-M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
IMO if you are desk bound its hard to beat the new iMac's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" c.2007
20" Cinema Display is Good For Me

I have the 20" Cinema Display and love it! It works well with my MacBook Pro 15" (c. 2007) and is beautiful on my desk.

Personally, I could never go back to a desktop computer as I am a mobile professional and take my MacBook nearly everywhere. If you are finding you are more at your desk, though, I think you'll love the 20" screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Those Apple Screens are really pretty, but there are cheaper options out there that are just viable.

I would suggest taking a look at the 20-30 inch screens from some other manufacturer before you dive into the expensive screens.

If you're going for Apple Cinema's, I would opt for the 30" for sure. As long as a screen that big fits on your desk, you're going to love it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.