Delete multiple files from download folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
I really need to clean up my download folder. Is there a way to tag multiple files and delete them all at the same time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
Hold the shift key while you click on the files you want to delete. Then right click (option-click if you don't have right click turned on) and select "move to trash". Then just empty the trash whenever you're ready.

You can also just click and drag a box over the files (like how you do on the desktop) if you want to select a continuous amount or all of them. Then just right click and select "move to trash" or just drag them to the trash yourself.

OP
SleeperSS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
Thanks...I thought I tried that but I might have used the wrong key had the wrong key...

Reaction score
Sorry, that's Control-click not Option-click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You also might have a delete button in the toolbar of your Finder window. If not, it's possible to make it appear. Just right click on the tool bar area and select Customize Toolbar... Then you can drag any of the items that are shown in the pop up to the tool bar.

As far as selecting multiple items, the method(s) you can use are affected by which View style you have selected. I think dragging the rectangle only works in Icon View.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
It works in list and column view too. You just can't see the box.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.