wont read cd....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX10.9.0 MBA 2012 1.8Ghz/4Gb/128/ Iphone4/5S 16Gb
I was given black memorex cd-r to record my work and my macbook wont recognise the cd... i put it in and after a few seconds it ejects it... either its black or recorded... why ???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not a lover of - R (minus R) type media and know of several people here and elsewhere who have had difficulty with them. Your SuperDrive should be able to read and write to minus R media so it may be the brand. Try another brand or try using + R media (plus R) instead.

Regards.

OP
bettencourt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX10.9.0 MBA 2012 1.8Ghz/4Gb/128/ Iphone4/5S 16Gb
I'm not a lover of - R (minus R) type media and know of several people here and elsewhere who have had difficulty with them. Your SuperDrive should be able to read and write to minus R media so it may be the brand. Try another brand or try using + R media (plus R) instead.

Regards.

thks.

i think it is because of the cd... the black ones...honestly i dont remember if they are minus r or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.