bare-metal recovery backup for a Mac

jah

Reaction score
thanks everyone.

is there an application that will do a total bare-metal backup of my 10.5.2 macbook pro: applications, documents, os.

i run TimeMachine and backup over wifi into my ntfs home network, it works well enough but i think i dosnt do everything.
i would not be able to recover if the portable got stolen (its unique shape says take me), damaged (i off the motorcycle) or just bricked out. i am seeing lots of posts here where the macbook just stopped working and i have experienced it first hand. it happens to you just once and gone is any feeling of love.

it takes a long time to restore by manual methods:
-the installed applications
-and then setup the portable back to what your familiar with.

for example setting up my bluetooth devices is a pain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
I'd highly recommend superduper. It forms a bootable disk image which you can boot to with no problems

I used it when I upgraded my HDD, and I had no problems with it. an external HDD may be a good investment, and you can schedule updates to your disk image, so it's always up to date.

Hope that's useful :)

Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.