HDMI Cable to MacBook Pro Problem

Reaction score
I have the HDMI cable to my correct adapter on my MacBook Pro.

I can see the desktop screen saver on my Samsung HDTV. But nothing else that I run on the laptop appears on my TV screen.

Before my old MacBook Pro crashed everything worked perfectly.

But with my new MacBook Pro, of course, all the cables, adapters and ports are different.

This is why I can't solve this problem.

Any advice will be appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
More info needed: Year and model MacBook Pro?

Also, the Sticky post at the top of the "Other Hardware Forum" which is titled "Connecting your Mac to a TV" is a good place to learn what's needed.

OP
B
Reaction score
Mac OS X Version 10.7.2. Ordered late 2011, manufactured upon request in China and shipped to the USA.

Processor 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 17
Memory: 8 Gb 1333 Htz DDR

Finally, I'll try your "Other Forum Hardware" suggestion. But, frankly, none of the answers help me.

However, I'm hoping I can find an answer from you guys before I end up having to take this laptop to a tech on Monday.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You may be looking for a "Thunderbolt to HDMI" adapter for your new MacBook Pro. LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.