Internets works on iPhone but not Mac

Reaction score
So randomly my MacBook pro Internet stopped working. Has the disconnected sign. Sometimes says connected for 30 seconds ( no Internet tho) then disconnect

The same wifi works fine on my iPhone. I've searched with no answer. I tried manually putting in the ip address the iPhone is connected to and that shows it connected, but still no Internet

I use my landlords wifi and he restarted the box for me already and isn't having any trouble

What's goin on?

Reaction score
Try connecting it via Ethernet cable, if possible... and post back with the results.

SM

Reaction score
Mac Disconnects from the Internet in about 15 Seconds

One of the Macs in my home/office will not stay connected to the internet for more than about 15 seconds.

iMac OS X 10.4.11, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I have tried connecting via several methods:
- Wifi through our Verizon FIOS router.
- Wifi through a handheld wireless hotspot.
- Internet LAN cable directly to the router.

All connections have the same problem:
The Mac appears connected to the Wifi, but web pages refuse to update and the spinning progress indicator displays indefinitely. We have the identical problem with Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Mac OS X software update.

If I unplug the network cable (or turn off Wifi when connected via Wifi), upon reconnection we get another 15 seconds of web browsing before everything stops working again.

Thanks for your help!! - David

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.