Help with OS X

Reaction score
Hi, I need some help please. I have just been given an old Mac G4 running on OX 9 or OS X. Can anyone tell me if this Mac can run tiger or even Leopard. I know snow leopard is a definite 'no'. Also, I want to use the mac to run Final cut pro (lite) eventually. How can I improve the ram etc to get the best performance? I only want to use the mac to run this one program (FCP), no internet or any other programs. I would be grateful if anyone could help & tell me what I need to buy & the best place to but it, e-bay no doubt. I'm new to Mac's but determined to make this my little project for the spring.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
If you could just post your specs, and which G4 Mac (powerbook, iMac, Mac Pro, etc)... then we can help you with educated advise.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.