Problem with Yahoo

Reaction score
I cancelled my Yahoo account due to being hacked but still get annoying pop-ups from Yahoo requesting my password. I've tried everything to stop this. Can anyone offer a solution? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
When, where and what are you doing when you get the pop ups?

Where have you deleted your account from?

OP
M
Reaction score
Yahoo problem

Thanks for your reply - the pop-ups occur randomly, there's no pattern. I can be checking emails or watching a movie. I deleted my account in accordance with Yahoo's instructions.
A friend has advised me to delete the Yahoo program from my system also to use MRT Microsoft's malicious spyware program. I haven't done this yet, think it'll help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you're running on a Mac no Windows tool is going to help you.

So I'm guessing you have deleted your account online. Have you removed the settings from your mail client on your Mac?

Can you provide a screenshot of the popup?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Are you being prompted for your password on a website, by a browser or a separate program? If the latter, and it's something like Yahoo Messenger, then you should delete that as well..if the browser, then clear your history/cache, and remove any Yahoo related toolbars you might have installed..

OP
M
Reaction score
Yahoo problem

Will try to send a screen shot when the pop-up appears again if I can figure out how to do that, also I don't know how to delete settings from mail client (pretty new to Mac)...thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you're using Mail that came with your mac just go to Accounts in preferences, click on the Yahoo account then click the - to remove the account

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.