magiccammac errors

Reaction score
I am getting weird errors when running Applescripts on my Mac 10.5.8.
A simple script reproduces the error.

~$ osascript -e 'tell application "Finder" to activate'

[000:024] MagicCam 0: Current process: osascript, Flash is loaded: no
[000:024] Error(magiccammac.cc:276): MagicCam 0: MagicCamOpen: Not an allowed process!
[000:001] MagicCam 0: Current process: osascript, Flash is loaded: no
[000:001] Error(magiccammac.cc:276): MagicCam 0: MagicCamOpen: Not an allowed process!
[000:001] MagicCam 1: Current process: osascript, Flash is loaded: no
[000:001] Error(magiccammac.cc:276): MagicCam 1: MagicCamOpen: Not an allowed process!
[000:002] MagicCam 1: Current process: osascript, Flash is loaded: no
[000:002] Error(magiccammac.cc:276): MagicCam 1: MagicCamOpen: Not an allowed process!

Any idea what's going on? It was fine till yesterday!

Reaction score
Hi, I just googled the same thing and what is causing the problem is the Google Camera Component, I deleted those (Google Camera Adapter 1,Google Camera Adapter 0) and now everything is fine.
look for the components in /Library/Quicktime/

OP
A
Reaction score
Yeah I tried for a while to trace how exactly an osascript can screw with the Google Camera Components, but then gave up and just deleted the components.

Reaction score
thanks for the fix guys, this has been bugging me.
but what i wonder is how those components got installed in the first place......

Reaction score
Me too!

I downloaded WiiMouse, which is an application that allows the monitoring of a Wii Remote's motion sensor input. I can't find the file that keeps it running; I've tried to terminate it in various ways, but I can't. I killed its PID, but it changed. When I fooled around with it in Terminal, I typed up "WiiMouse" (without quotes) and hit enter; I then saw the same text that you saw, except that it asked me to press 1 and 2 simultaneously (which activates a Bluetooth search on the Remote). I couldn't find /Library/Quicktime/! Is there any other way to fix it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.