Wireless network problem when switching between user accounts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 1.8GHz 1GB RAM, 60GB iPod Video, 30GB iPod video on loan to the better half :-)
This is probably a stupid question but it's really annoying me

The basics:
Running 10.3.9 on an Power PC iMac G5 with Airport express
Use a Netgear DG834G router
My network is called PEO76 and has WPA security enabled.
In System Preferences | Network | Airport it's set to connect to PEO76 as a default

We have two user accounts on the Mac, mine and my wife's. Whenever the Mac boots up it automatically connects to the network

The problem:
Whenever we switch between the accounts it drops the connection to the network. It's on in my account and we switch to the other account and it's off. We turn it on in her account and then switch back to mine and it's off again.

It only takes a second to reconnect every time but it's annoying to have to do so! Any suggestions to resolve it would be much appreciated

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 1.8GHz 1GB RAM, 60GB iPod Video, 30GB iPod video on loan to the better half :-)
Aggggggghhhhhhhhh!

I've been looking at this for the last 2 hours, made the post and then found the answer within 2 bloody minutes of making the post.

Changed "By default connect to PEO76" to "By default join AUTOMATIC"

Glad to have sorted it but feel very silly :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.