In Europe-NO startup disc-Wheel of death, help

Reaction score
Well, after hundreds of trips with my 15" Macbook pro, I left my startup disc at home for ONCE!!!!

I went to power up my computer this morning and It just sits at the spinning wheel screen.... I have tried all the key pressing combos I can get my hands on, none work...

Can I download a startup disc on my wifes MAC then burn it to a DVD?

Any quality info would be helpful.... I am dead in the water here in lonely Czech republic without my MAC!!!

Thanks everyone!:Confused: ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
have you tried starting up in safe mode by pressing S on strat-up

is it a POwerPC or Intel mac

OP
A
Reaction score
have you tried starting up in safe mode by pressing S on strat-up

is it a POwerPC or Intel mac

Thanks so much,

I have tried that option and many others... This is the one time I left on a trip without my start-up disc. Restarting with that would I believe fix my problem. But I don't have it. Can I download one then burn it to a DVD?
Yes it is a Mackbook pro Intel running the latest OS system and version....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you got a firewire cable, you could put your mac in to Target Disk Mode and use the wifes mac to run disk utility on your drive

OP
A
Reaction score
I am in the Czech Republic... NO fire wire cable with me on this trip... Store did not have one either....

Lou.
PS didnt understand how to mount the idea you gave me.... only an image....? On a zip?

OP
A
Reaction score
well no firewire cable.... Oh well... I am in the middle of nowhere... Literally. Any other ideas would be great. I can't download a startup disc?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.