watch for iphone?

Reaction score
this may be silly, but is there a watch for the iphone that would allow you to view sms, email, missed calls?

i saw that android had something pretty cool called the SE Liveview, except that reviews said that it sucked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
A watch like you wear on your wrist? I hope this doesn't come across as insulting, but is English your primary language? On forums like this there are posters from all over the world and I'm just wondering if you meant "watch" as in "to look at something" instead of the type of watch that tells you the time.

If you meant to ask if there's a way to quickly check your SMS, email, etc. without having to unlock your phone you'll probably have to jailbreak it. There's an app in Cydia (the jailbroken app store) that allows you to customize your lock screen so you can see different things. I don't have that app because I don't feel like paying for it, but perhaps within it is a setting that allows you to check your things.

If you're talking about an actual watch, have you considered taping your phone to your arm?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow...that's really cool. I obviously didn't even know such a device existed (hence my confusion with the first post!).

I've never seen one for an iPhone, but I hope they come out with one. Looks pretty handy. I could pretend I'm **** Tracy with one of those. After that all I'll need is a bow tie that doubles as a hidden camera!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Liveview does look pretty sweet and I would hope Apple could make something similar out of the Nano with bluetooth connectivity. If something like that existed, I'd have it in a second.

I heard Liveview is getting some much-needed upgrades. If it gets very popular, maybe Apple will do something similar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow...that's really cool. I obviously didn't even know such a device existed (hence my confusion with the first post!).

I've never seen one for an iPhone, but I hope they come out with one. Looks pretty handy. I could pretend I'm **** Tracy with one of those. After that all I'll need is a bow tie that doubles as a hidden camera!
What kind of world do we live in where they censor the names of comic book heroes!!

Also, where's the edit button? I was just gonna edit my post, but it wouldn't let me.

*EDIT: I found the edit button for this one. I guess they remove that option for posts over a certain age.

Reaction score
saw that too last week! was thinking, the same, where can i get one like that for the iphone?? i bet they'll be some soon :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
What kind of world do we live in where they censor the names of comic book heroes!!

Also, where's the edit button? I was just gonna edit my post, but it wouldn't let me.

*EDIT: I found the edit button for this one. I guess they remove that option for posts over a certain age.

Drawback of a fully-automated system. Hopefully you won't get a warning for it though.

That was my grandfather's nickname for his name, Richard. Used to be so common back in the day. Nowadays, even after having heard it a lot as a child, it does sound odd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Drawback of a fully-automated system. Hopefully you won't get a warning for it though.

That was my grandfather's nickname for his name, Richard. Used to be so common back in the day. Nowadays, even after having heard it a lot as a child, it does sound odd.

We don't just hand out infractions without thinking. :p

Of course we know what he meant in the original post, so there's nothing wrong. But the word used is most often used for a different reason and not for a person's first name, hence why it's on the list. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.