• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Aspect ratios in DVD Studio Pro

Reaction score
I don't think I will ever understand how aspect ratios are handled. I have two video clips, A an B, both taken from the same concert dvd, The clips were created in FCE, and exported to Quicktime mov format. I imported both clips to DVD Studio Pro. When I click on the clips in the Assets window, the video asset inspector shows the same information for both clips (everything is the same except the length of the clips). The inspector show 720 x 576, 4:3, frame rate 15 etc. (I don't know why the aspect ratio is 4:3. When I work with the clips in FCE, they appears to be 16 x 9. And 16:9 is what I want. But, in the past, as long as I set the DVD Studio Protrack and menu to 16 x 9, that's what I end up getting. In the browse asset window in the video asset inspector, Clip A fills the entire screen, I believe is as it should be. But when I view Clip B in the browser asset window, there are horizontal black bars on top of and below the video. The same thing happens in Simulator. All of the settings in DVD Studio Pro are at 16:9, at least all the ones I can think of. This includes the track 1 inspector, the simulator settings, the menu and the general tab in Preferences. Anyone how to fix this so that Video Clip B fills the entire screen?

OP
D
Reaction score
It turns out that the problem was with the .mov file I imported into DVD Studio Pro – actually, with just one clip in the .mov file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.