Help with email PDF attachements

Reaction score
Guys im learning the ropes being a windoze user.

I regularly download multiple pdf files from my email account and in windows I simply right click the attachment and simply save it to a chosen folder and if I have multiple attachments the folder will be remembered so downloads are a breeze.

However ive been trying to do the same in safari and when i right click ive tried all the save options but every time the PDF has a html extension so I can then only open up as a web page. Ive also tried taking away the html in the file name but then the icon shows up as a pdf but cant open it.

I have also opened up the attachement from the email and then saved it from the open file but still same problem.

Im sure someone has a simple solution ????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
If you can open the pdf in safari you can choose file>print>choose "save as pdf" in the bottom left and then save it.

Reaction score
when you open the PDF in Safari, move the cursor towards the bottom of the screen. A little popup will show. The icon on the far-right is to save the PDF.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes I can save it by clicking the save button when the PDF is open but this means opening every PDF. Im accustomed to use right click and save. Im sure must be a quicker way. BUT it thought Leopard might have a better or faster way then windoze.

Reaction score
so when you right-click on the PDF link and choose 'save linked file as' it doesn't have a PDF extension? Does this happen on all PDFs, or only those from a certain site?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.