Driver for Camera

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Mac OS X Version 10.5.7
I can't find a driver for my vivicam 8025 camera. Went to the manufacturer website and had no luck.

Could anyone help my out?

I lost my original request somehow... no clue how that happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
From the Vivitar 8025 User Manual (from the company website):

Note: This hardware is plug and play compatible when used on a Mac, however, the included software can be used on Windows operating systems only.

Try plugging the camera into your Mac. According to the documentation, no driver is necessary. A majority of digital cameras work with OSX 'out of the box' and do not require a driver or 3rd party software support.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I have tried that. I had to go through the disk utility to try and access the SD Card, but that won't let me do anything in regards to the camera. Nothing about the camera comes up. It gives no options about what to do with the media.

The only thing it tells me at the bottom of the disk utility is how much space I have on the SD Card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
If you have iPhoto, it should automatically attempt to import your photos from your camera. Without iPhoto, you will be presented with an application called Image Browser/Capture (I believe this is what it's called).

No special software will be provided for your camera beyond the capability of importing your photos onto your Mac.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just opened iPhoto now... thanks for your help and responses!!

OK... I have an issue. It didnt automatically open to begin with..... and when I want into the application, there was no way I could utilize the camera.

I turned on the camera and everything, have been looking through all the folders and stuff....

On my camera screen it says MSDC.... ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reading the manual I was referring to last night:

The Photags Express software is not compatible and will not install on a Mac. In order to transfer photos and videos from your camera to your computer:
1. Plug the camera into an available USB port 2. A new drive should mount on the desktop which stores any photos or videos that have been taken.

So, it appears that the 'plug and play' support Vivitar was referring to was simply access to your SD card. You are going to have to go in, copy the files from the SD to your Mac and import them into iPhoto manually.

Here is a link to the user manual:

http://vivitar.com/products/13/VC8025%20User%20Manual.pdf

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Still not working. I think I have issues with the SD Card. Thanks for all of your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
You might want to try using a card reader. I never use camera drivers--iPhoto will import easily from card reader.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.