Gmail account freezing

Reaction score
I have been trying to access my gmail account for hours now and I cannot seem to solve this problem.

The "problem" is, in standard view Gmail freezes and takes about 30 seconds to load each click or each scroll. In order for me to go to a different website, or even tab back and forth its generally easier for me to force quit safari and reload it. When I switch to the basic HTML interface my account works perfectly. Also when I sign into my dummy Gmail account with the default interface it works fine. I cleared everything I could find in safari (v4.0.4). I reset safari and my macbook a couple of times. Earlier I was getting "Slow Scipt
A script on the page "Gmail" (my account name) is making Safari unresponsive. Do you want to continue running the script, or stop it?"
A bit more info, my Gmail account on my iPhone is working fine.

Thats my story, please help.

OP
N
Reaction score
Also what I (now) suspect is freezing my account is a string of seemingly never ending chat tab strung down the left side of my inbox.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved thread to more appropriate forum. Nothing to do with site comments or support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.