• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

adobe premiere pro cs4 or finalcut

Reaction score
hi just a quick question just wondered what people opinions are on adobe premiere pro cs4 and final cut

whats the better software out of these 2? stuff like that.

cheers!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
I have creative suit cs4 and final cut studio 2 and i prefer final cut. The only thing adobe has on apple is After effects. Nothing beats after effects.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz 4GBRAM 750GIG HD FCS2, Aperture.
I have Final Cut Studio also. I am really into video editing and switched to the Mac platform for the sole purpose of buying and learning Final Cut Pro. I absolutely love it and would never go back to PC or Premiere. just my 2cents.

good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8
You really can't compare the two. Final Cut is amazing for getting the story cut together, and most editing. After Effects is second to none in the digital effects/green screen features as well as 3d/2d animations. I look at it like this: I have Final Cut to put the film/commercial together and After Effects to do the special effects and titles for th efilm. Then I export it to Final Cut.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
You really can't compare the two. Final Cut is amazing for getting the story cut together, and most editing. After Effects is second to none in the digital effects/green screen features as well as 3d/2d animations. I look at it like this: I have Final Cut to put the film/commercial together and After Effects to do the special effects and titles for th efilm. Then I export it to Final Cut.

How would you export? Do you have the plug in or do you just save it as a .mov?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8
How would you export? Do you have the plug in or do you just save it as a .mov?

You can do it as just an .mov. I haven't had any issues as of yet doing it this way. Just add the comp to the render que in AE and set your destination then let it roll.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.