RAM Upgrade Help

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Well... my Mac needs a RAM upgrade. It currently has 256 MB of SDRAM. I came here in order for some suggestions as to what kind of RAM I should buy. I don't know very much about hardware... but from all the sites I've seen, it looks like Macs need a specific kind of RAM. My computor's processor is 800MHz and is a iMac PowerPC G4 (if you need this info...). I found a company called Omni that sells RAM... but I haven't heard of them before.

I'm desperate... if you you can give me any help as to where to buy RAM I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Otherworldcomputing.com
Crucial.com
kingston.com

are all good choices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Also check out Newegg, they usually have some great prices on hardware.

I did a search for RAM using SpindleX's criteria:

144-pin SO-DIMM PC 133 RAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well on the same topic. Does anyone know any good places to get imac C2D 1GB ram sticks from? Yeah I want 2 of them so I can double the factory standard memory I have.

Australian places would be nice. But US ones that will allow me to order from them and ship to Australia are ok too.

And thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
a good website for reference is apple-history.com. they have full specs of almost every mac ever sold. This way you you know for sure what to get.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.