Running OSX Tiger in Virtual PC

B

biggerstronger

My dad's friend is a developer and he has the developer build of OSX Tiger and I was wondering if I'd be able to run that in Virtual PC because I don't plan on replacing Panther until Tiger is officially released and Apple takes more of my money. Possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Virtual PC is for running Windows OS's not Mac OS's

OP
B

biggerstronger

hmm...

trpnmonkey41 said:
Virtual PC is for running Windows OS's not Mac OS's

I know that it runs Windows, but it also lets you install a non-Windows OS's. I know it has the option to set up a Linux or a Unix OS, and also it has the option to install an OS that's not specified above. That's where my question comes in. Would it be possible to set up a guest OS that's OSX Tiger just as you would say a Unix OS. They all seem to install the same way.

OP
K

Kokopelli

To rephrase VPC is for running x86 based OS's not PPC OS's. You can not run OS X on an x86, virtual or not. There is a PPC emulator for x86 but performance is incredibly bad and I don't know how reliable it is.

OP
P

prasys

I got OSX Build of pearpc. but its gonna be slow..it does not use your native processor..like i said..it will be slow...imagine..it uses the generic build.....if you want i could upload it somewhere

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.