FlashPlayer 10.6 killing Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Recently, I have had major problems with Safari quitting unexpectantly.

While using Safari it randomly shuts down. This is the series of events each time.

1. I get the "rainbow working wheel" freezing the program momentarily before it shuts down completely and is even removed from my dock.

2. I then get a message stating: "Safari has quit unexpectantly while using FlashPlayer 10.6"

3. Below there is random text and it states it will be sent to Apple and there is the option to Reopen

Has anyone seen this issue before and any ideas on how I can troubleshoot?

Thank you in advance for the help and if I am in the wrong forum please let me know, I am still learning. Thanks for the patience.

Brent

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Flash is widely recognized as a problem in terms of stability. Have you tried re-installing it?

One other option is to try running Safari in 32-bit mode to see if this remedies the issue. Right click Safari, choose "Get Info" and check the box labeled "Open in 32-bit mode."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.