inoob

Reaction score
this is my first mac and i'm so happy to wave goodbye to windows. i know the os is much more efficient, but i really don't know the limits of these cpus so i was hoping someone could answer questions for me.

here's the specs of the cpu, all i did was the basic 2.2ghz with double ram:

MacBook 13-inch (White), 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Part Number: Z0FA
Superdrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
120GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
Accessory Kit
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

most of the time i'll be working with garageband and guitar pro and any other kind of audio and midi recording software, but i was wondering if i could play any descent games on the windows (xp) or mac partition. the only games i was really wondering about was bf2 for xp and gh3 (either one). i really don't care too much about it but it'd be nice to have. being a musician myself, it'd be fun to have my band as a custom song for gh3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
The Mac you've got there will be more than happy to take the thrashing audio editing would throw at it. As far as XP goes, you'll need to run bootcamp to partition your drive to make and XP volume and an OSX volume, but performance should remain similar :)

If you have any more questions about bootcamp or audio editing I'd be happy to help you out :)

dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.