Mac is going slow?

Reaction score
so I mostly use my mac for schoolwork,internet, or music. But recently it has been going super slow, and even freezeing up. I use safari. Also when i boot up doc it will take forever to do so, like for itunes i think like two mins. the freezeing usallly happens when i am loading a page, I am one of thouse people who likes to open a new page so i usally have around 5-10 windos open could that be part of it

BTW i am switcher who switched around 2 mounths ago
sorry for the Spelling am kind of tired

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
How much RAM do you have?

Something that I just did last night, and has helped my computer, is to insert the original OSX install disc and run disk utility (accessed from the menu bar). When booted from the disc, you can repair your bootable HD and locate any problems with it. Give it a try, and let us know what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Sounds like you are running one or more PPC applications.

Open Activity Monitor and look at the list of applications, it will say Intel if it is native code.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
visual hub looks good so far.. will comment if i have any difficulties and thus will require help..

thanks for the opinions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.