Apps appearing on both iPad & iphone

Reaction score
Anyone ever experienced downloading an app on iPad which then appear almost simultaneously on my iPhone. I have been getting for about a month now. I now only download once on my iPad and then it would appear on my iPhone.

Is this what icloud is all about ? Can anyone advise me ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
That's part of it. It's a setting on the iOS device that can be enabled or disabled. Open Settings, Store, and enable or disable Apps, Music, and Books. You can also check whether or not to allow synchronization via cell network, which will eat up your 3g data plan very quickly if you aren't careful.

OP
B
Reaction score
That's part of it. It's a setting on the iOS device that can be enabled or disabled. Open Settings, Store, and enable or disable Apps, Music, and Books. You can also check whether or not to allow synchronization via cell network, which will eat up your 3g data plan very quickly if you aren't careful.

Thank you.
I was having sleepless nights trying to figure it out. Would the new icloud function the same way too ? Can't wait to try it on with the IOS5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Haven't tried it out yet, but I think that's the goal... once a file has been updated to the cloud the changes would be reflected on all devices. That can be a double-edged sword, as mistakes can sync just as fast as corrections.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I have it enabled on my iPhone 4 and iPad only for music purchased from iTunes. Not apps. I never buy music or apps when I'm away from home so I don't have to worry about the data usage to sync - it's always done at home on my wi-fi network. Safer, easier, faster, and no worries about exceeding my data cap. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.