How do you erase a macbook hd?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0 Core 2 duo, Alienware 7700 3.2ghz, Iphone,Imac g5,Powebook 15" 1.5ghz
I recently received my teachers laptop that was broken (screen was smashed i removed it) Now she wants to sell it but i need to clear the hd and dont have the disks do you have any ideas? Thanks kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
In order to format the HDD you need the disks, not to mention you need them to install the OS again.

OP
NYCMACMAN
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0 Core 2 duo, Alienware 7700 3.2ghz, Iphone,Imac g5,Powebook 15" 1.5ghz
so there is now way i can delete it other wise? I dont care about reinstalling bec its being sold...thanks kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
What do you want to delete? You can delete files and such off of it, but the disk utility won't let you format the drive that it is running on.

The only thing you could do is if you have an external HDD you could download SuperDuper, clone the disk, load from the clone, then use the cloned OS to delete everything on the original machine HDD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.