Buying 2013 Air advice

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
New to the forums here and looking at getting my first Mac Book Air in the next few days! :D

I'v just brought a new SLR camera and want to get into Photoshop. From what i'v read Photoshop is power hungry, so what i'm thinking about getting is the 2013 128GB 13" Air 1.7Ghz i7 processor with 8GB of RAM.

I'm not worried about only having 128GB of storage as I have a couple of portable hard drives (that will need to be converted to run on Mac but sure i can search on here how to do that!).

My real question here is will it have enough power to run Photoshop CS6/Lightroom 4 or other programs that i get into. Right now i have absolutely no idea how to use either of these programs, so i wont be doing serious editing for quiet a while.

I also use a GoPro camera which can record in 1080p, although i usually only use the 720 setting. So i would want to be able to edit a bit of video from that.

The reason i'v gone with the 13" Air is because I travel a lot and don't want to lug around the 13" Pro.

Cheers guys let me know what you think

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The new Air is powerful enough to run the programs you mentioned. My concern would be the size of the flash storage you chose. Even though you have external storage, it won't be long before you fill 128 GB. Consider going to the next size for storage: 256 GB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.