Screen lock Code

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 17" G4, 2GB RAM, Ipod 30GB
Hi Guys,

Im thinking of purchasing the iPhone but as it goes Im really obsessed about security. Now what I want to find out, is there a way of applying an unlock code to unlock the phone? The thing is I dont want to leave my phone and having anyone reading my mail or sms messages.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
yeah, you can give a passcode lock code on the iphone!

so you are safe from anyone accessing your iphone and checking your sms, phonecalls, mails if you ever leave it and fear someone might be peeping through it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
the passcode feature is nice... but if they steal the phone, they can simply do a full restore on itunes and bam.... I hear even if you shut the service off anyone can still use ll of the functions of the iphone except of course connecting it... but im sure there are ways around that people always find a way

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys, now its just a matter of waiting for it to arrive in the UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
people tell me its not far from happening id say before xmas... especially with how many will be sold in the UK geez

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
There is an event coming soon from apple.. Apparently the Uk press are being invited.

I'm sure apple will announce the european iphone, its features, and launch date etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13inch white 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
will reset keep any data you might have on the phone? Or will it wipe the data until you sync with iTunes?

the passcode feature is nice... but if they steal the phone, they can simply do a full restore on itunes and bam.... I hear even if you shut the service off anyone can still use ll of the functions of the iphone except of course connecting it... but im sure there are ways around that people always find a way

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If the UK gets a 3G iphone i'll be soooo jealous!!

Did you mean 30GB? If we got a 30GB in the UK then I'd be 1st in line getting one. Right now I have a dilema, I have about 30GB of music and i just want to have one device that plays mp3 and make calls. Basically I dont want to be carrying around an ipod and a phone which Im currently doing. The iphone is what im after so I think I will wait until they release one with a decent amount of storage space. Then I will be able to ditch my ipod and just use the iphone for making calls and listening to music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
will reset keep any data you might have on the phone? Or will it wipe the data until you sync with iTunes?

When you restore an iPhone, it wipes it completely clean, just like it was when you first took it out of the box. Fortunately, syncing the phone with iTunes restores most of the data (you might have to change a setting here or there).

Did you mean 30GB?

No, he means 3G as in the data network. The iPhone currently supports the EDGE network, which is like 2.5 or 2.75G. 3G is a newer, faster data network that's offered by most, if not all, European cellular providers.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you restore an iPhone, it wipes it completely clean, just like it was when you first took it out of the box. Fortunately, syncing the phone with iTunes restores most of the data (you might have to change a setting here or there).

No, he means 3G as in the data network. The iPhone currently supports the EDGE network, which is like 2.5 or 2.75G. 3G is a newer, faster data network that's offered by most, if not all, European cellular providers.

Sorry I got it all wrong lol. I thought it was a typo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Well if you were to register your iPhone on Safeware.com then if it was stolen they reimburse you for the loss.

Reaction score
Did you mean 30GB? If we got a 30GB in the UK then I'd be 1st in line getting one. Right now I have a dilema, I have about 30GB of music and i just want to have one device that plays mp3 and make calls. Basically I dont want to be carrying around an ipod and a phone which Im currently doing. The iphone is what im after so I think I will wait until they release one with a decent amount of storage space. Then I will be able to ditch my ipod and just use the iphone for making calls and listening to music.

I meant 3G as a network. But yeah, if a 30 gig iPhone came out, I'd get it in a heartbeat. I'm in the same boat as you... kinda. I have verizon now (in the states) but want a device big enough to hold all my music now (15 gigs or so) and a bunch of video and 8 or even 16 gigs is just not enough for me. I'm trying to decide on what kind of new ipod i should get or if i should switch to at&t and get the iphone as my verizon contract ends in january. Hmmmmm....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.