Wn111v3 and OSX10.3

Reaction score
So, not sure if this is the proper forum, but I need advice on how to get it to work. I downloaded the drivers from netgear and have installed them, but when I go into the network pane in system preferences my options are built in ethernet and internal modem. The netgear usb dongle is detected by the system profile in the USB device tree. It shows up as NETGEAR WG111v3.

System information

iMac
CPU type: PowerPC 750 (2.2)
CPU speed: 233 MHz
Memory: 160 MB
System Version: OSX 10.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Well considering you won't be able to view 85% of web content on an old 233MHz bondi, and there are very few browsers that still have versions supporting Panther, I wouldn't bank on this being an easy fix, nor would I recommend going through the hassle of getting it done. It's going to be much more headache than its worth for what is in essence, a cool spacey looking toy.

OP
N
Reaction score
Well considering you won't be able to view 85% of web content on an old 233MHz bondi, and there are very few browsers that still have versions supporting Panther, I wouldn't bank on this being an easy fix, nor would I recommend going through the hassle of getting it done. It's going to be much more headache than its worth for what is in essence, a cool spacey looking toy.

Ah, but the point isn't realy in it being easy (i managed to get an even older mac on my ethernet though, but now I only have access to wireless), and the hardware is detected. It bother me when technology doesn't work like it should, and if I can browse the internet and use some IM apps I'll be happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Having just put Panther on a 500 G3 iMac and set it up wirelessly - first i downloaded and installed this then ran software update a number of times and the last time there was an Airport update, so might be a good plan do do those steps.

OP
N
Reaction score
Having just put Panther on a 500 G3 iMac and set it up wirelessly - first i downloaded and installed this then ran software update a number of times and the last time there was an Airport update, so might be a good plan do do those steps.

That worked, my silly old Imac is online, thanks a ton ^^

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.